we’re lucky to have an opportunity to participate in a CSF (community supported fishery) out of Cowichan Bay. salmon, prawns, shrimp & octopus on offer; we got just salmon & octopus this year.
added some crushed cloves of garlic, bay leaves & crushed green peppercorns; it was salty enough from two rounds of previous confit. we ditched the fat this time; will have to start again next year.
verdict: fabulous. best octopus any of us have ever eaten (and we’ve all eaten a fair amount of octopus in various preparations).
K’s verdict: “give me the sucker disks!” she ate them like candy. and the tentacle ends. this 3 year old loves beef and pork tongues, sashimi (including uni), gizzard goulash, liver paté… we’re lucky to have such an adventuresome palette in such a young kid!
- Ceviche (friendfridge.wordpress.com)
- Octopodes or Octopuses, But Never Octopi: Octopus Curry Recipe (centreforlife.wordpress.com)
- Octopus Salad (kefichef.com)
- Love This………… (supertradmum-etheldredasplace.blogspot.com)
- Takoyaki Recipe たこ焼き (justonecookbook.com)