everyone raves about duck. whole duck. we usually portion our birds, but I thought, “eh, what the heck”. the beer braised muscovy recipe on this site (scroll down or ctrl + F once you’re there to find it) intrigued me … we have a “smoky” beer that we brewed (a little heavy handed on the carmelization of the malt, heh, heh) which worked out deliciously. I got a little carried away with the dried fruit, so it was a bit overpoweringly sweet.
but I’d still rather portion our birds. look at all the goodies we get out of duck day vs. whole ducks that each result in a meal or two for a family.
- Roast Duck Recipe (kissmyingredients.com)
- Confit de Canard aux lentilles de Puy (dinnerwiththesmiths.wordpress.com)
- Duck Confit with Spicy Pickled Raisins (thebittenword.com)
- Recipe: Chinese Ginger Duck (ignoringsoundadvice.wordpress.com)
- Roasted Duck Fat Potatoes (thedomesticman.com)
- if it looks like a duck prosciutto… (classicmarineiguana.wordpress.com)