we grew some delicata squash this year and they are super sweet, extremely starchy, and little. perfect for baking with. success as cupcakes, but also very successful using the sourdough muffin/loaf foundation recipe. maple syrup for the sweetness plus a little bit of cane juice sugar and some pumpkin seeds for crunch sprinkled atop.
these delicatas are also beautiful braised in apple cider – see Andrea Chesman’s Recipes from the Root Cellar (reprinted here, but the original book is well worth the investment – I’ve many favourites that I go to in the winter from it)
- Autumn Comfort Food: Maple Roasted Delicata Squash (truefoodlove.wordpress.com)
- quinoa delicata salad + maple balsamic dressing (yesiwantcake.com)
- Miso-Glazed Delicata Squash (kinseycooks.com)
- Delicata Squash Recipes (101cookbooks.com)
- Delicata Squash: I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butternut (modernfarmer.com)